CSEC Court Advocacy
This train-the-trainer program teaches participants how to establish and facilitate a government-sanctioned community court observation team to support trafficked children through testimony in court.
The training includes:
- Partnering with the district attorney’s office to establish the court observation team.
- Empowering and equipping community members to assist high-risk youth by providing education, emotional support, and guidance through the criminal justice system.
- Effectively leading and facilitating volunteers to serve on the team.
- Core components of volunteer training.
- Understanding and developing professional court attendance policies, procedures, and reporting.
- Learning how to create and develop a DA-approved database for the court information collections.
This court advocacy train-the-trainer workshop is based on the community-based model developed in Dallas and implemented in partnership with the DA’s office.