The award-winning, nationally recognized, interactive Traps of a Trafficker© presentation equips youth to avoid the tricks, traps, and lures of traffickers. If you work with youth, this is the program for you to prevent and identify victims.
This prevention-and-intervention program has resulted in more than 500 viable leads to law enforcement with resulting felony arrests and convictions, including four life sentences for one pimp. Not only do youth who are hidden victims willingly disclose, but high-risk youth on the path to becoming a victim realize what's ahead.
Youth who have disclosed include:
- A child whose mom had sold her from age 9 to 12.
- A 14-year-old sold in six states in 30 days.
- A 15-year-old sold by a pimp living in his mom’s home and wearing an ankle bracelet.
- A 15-year-old living with family sold into bondage sex and videos by two homeless people - without her family’s knowledge.
- A 16-year-old trafficked by a transnational crime syndicate from age 11.
- A 14-year-old offered a ride by a just-discharged solider who sold her out of an illegal casino.
- A young girl recruited at her school bus stop by two people from her neighborhood.
The Traps also prevents victims. Here’s a sample of what youth say after The Traps:
- “My boyfriend shows some of the signs of the stuff you talked about. I think I’ll leave him now. Thank you!”
- “Pimps will not care about you.”
- “Don’t post pics with GPS on.”
- “Stay on the low. Do not get in the car with strangers, Say no!”
- “In the end, you end up with a broken heart and pain no one should feel from a human.”
The train-the-trainer all-day workshop prepares individuals who work with children and youth to:
- Effectively present The Traps©.
- Have the right conversation with a youth who ASKS to disclose.
- Honor the handoff of the disclosure.
- Correctly report it.
It also includes tools for the youth to de-escalate and cope after disclosing. This animated program, which combines short video clips with discussion, is easy to use and engaging for youth of all ages.